Beetebites Peppermint Horse Treats

(6 customer reviews)


For the Peppermint lover, these low sugar, low starch beet pulp based treats are perfect for that “sweet tooth” They are full of good for your horse ingredients such as beet pulp, stabilized flaxseed, soybean hulls, and alfalfa meal. Hand cut and baked for each horse, they are a crunchy, minty bite of love! You can feel good about giving these treats as they are a low sugar/low starch goodie. Tested by Equi-analytical labs to be 3.3% sugar and 4.9% starch for a total 8.2% ESC + starch. The goal is to keep the ESC and starch below 10%.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein 11.3%
Crude Fat 21.2%
Crude Fiber 15.3%
ESC(Simple sugars) 3.3%
Starch 4.9%

SKU: N/A Category:


A safe and yummy peppermint flavored treat, made with all natural organic peppermint oil! Perfect addition for IR, Cushing’s, EMS and any other horse requiring a low sugar, low starch diet.

Additional information

Weight 12 oz
Dimensions 11 × 6 × 4.75 in

12 OZ., 3 Pound Bag, 6 Pound Bag

6 reviews for Beetebites Peppermint Horse Treats

  1. Robert

    Great treats! We love them

  2. Chelli

    Peppermint are my horses favorite treat, he is addicted! Thank goodness they are safe for him too.

  3. Courtney (verified owner)

    Love, love, LOVE these! My picky eater horse loves them too!

  4. Arlene Crump (verified owner)

    I’ve ordered several bags of the peppermint flavor. I found these because my horse has PSSM and has to have a low sugar/starch diet. My horse loves these! They are very palatable and delicious! The treats are big enough to break in half so I feel they are cost efficient. Try them!

  5. Kathleen (verified owner)

    We have an IR horse and these treats are the only ones we have found that have been tested by Equi-analytical labs and meet our requirements for low sugar/low starch and an ESC under 10%. Besides, ALL our horses LOVE them! Peppermint is their favorite followed closely by Licorice. They are a little pricey, but easily breakable into smaller pieces and make the perfect reward treat. Besides, the peace of mind knowing that we are giving our guys healthy treats and not loading them up with sugar is definitely worth the price.

  6. Marie

    My 30 year old Paint has a variety of new health issues that developed over the summer, including Cushings. I researched everything and came upon Beete Bites. He loves these treats, and I love that I can still give him a sweet treat. Over Thanksgiving week, he coliced 3 times – the vet recommended giving him hot water with treats in an effort to get him to drink. He sucks down his peppermint water to get to the treat at the bottom…he’s now drinking on average 10 to 13 gallons of water a day and we haven’t had another issue. (The other horses go crazy when they smell the peppermint – now the old man is the envy of everyone in the barn! <3) Thank you!!!!

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *